Church of Our Lady of the Snows
Church of Our Lady of the Snows, at the western end of Republic Square, is a rare example of dynamic Baroque architecture in Olomouc. It is the joint work of designer Michael Joseph Klein from Silesia, the local builder Lukáš Kleckel, stonemason Wenceslas Render as the author of the portico with twisted columns, and sculptor David Zürn, whose workshop is responsible for the statues in the niches of the facade. The concept of the interior space with wide nave and two rows of side chapels is modelled after Rome’s Church of the Gesù. The church was built between 1712-1719 and became the dominant feature of the large Jesuit enclave.